- This event has passed.
Materials and Molecular Modelling Hub Conference 2018
5th September 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 7th September 2018 @ 12:30 pm
***The deadline to submit poster title and abstract has been extended to Monday 30th July 2018***
Abstracts can be submitted here.
The full programme will be released imminently; please visit the TYC website for further details
The MMM Hub Conference will take place in Bloomsbury, London, at the Institute of Education, University College London
To register, please follow the link. Ticket price includes an invitation to the delegate dinner we are hosting on the evening of Thursday 6th September, and refreshments throughout the conference spanning 3 days.
The conference will run from Wednesday 5th to Friday 7th September 2018
Deadline for registration Friday 3rd August 2018
Deadline to submit poster title and abstract Monday 30th July 2018
For any enquiries please contact the MMM Hub Coordinator at
Our speakers come with vast expertise in the development and application of state of the art simulation techniques to problems in areas such as advanced materials, soft matter, catalysis, multi-scale modelling, materials discovery and design, and electronic structure and software development, and will share their deep understanding and insights into materials research in a series of exciting talks.
- Prof. Dr. Stefaan Cottenier – Ghent University
- Prof Marivi Fernandez-Serra – Stony Brook University
- Prof Marie-Pierre Gaigeot – Universite d’Evry-Val-D’Essonne
- Prof Julian Gale – Curtin University
- Prof Yanming Ma – Jilin University
- Prof Fred Manby – University of Bristol
- Dr Jean-Laurent Philippe – Intel Corporation
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Schultess – ETH Zürich
- Prof Renata Wentzcovitch – Columbia University
- Dr George Booth – King’s College London
- Dr Kim Jelfs – Imperial College London
- Prof Carla Molteni – King’s College London
- Dr Andrew Morris – University of Birmingham
- Dr James Price – University of Bristol
- Dr Laura Ratcliff – Imperial College London
- Prof Chris-Kriton Skylaris – University of Southampton
- Dr Gareth Tribello – Queen’s University Belfast
- Dr Andrea Zen – University College London
Prof Alessandro De Vita, TYC, King’s College London
Ms Georgina Ellis, OCF Plc
Prof Angelos Michaelides, TYC University College London
Prof Arash Mostofi, TYC Imperial College London
Prof Chris Pickard, University of Cambridge
Prof Matt Probert, UKCP, University of York
Ms Karen Stoneham, TYC, University College London
Dr Scott Woodley, MCC, University College London
Sponsors: United Kingdom Car-Parrinello Consortium (UKCP), Materials Chemistry Consortium (MCC), OCF Plc and Intel Corporation
The conference aims to provide a forum for some of the outstanding materials and molecular modelling research taking place in the UK and internationally. It also aims to increase cohesion across the UK materials and molecular modelling community. The emphasis of this year’s event will be on HPC-enabled research, with a particular focus on addressing challenges to society and industry through simulation at the atomic scale.
This meeting will provide the opportunity to present work to top scientists and industry professionals in the field at a poster presentation, where prizes will be awarded for best posters. There will also be the chance to meet and network with other Thomas users from across the country, and to speak to the ‘Thomas’ Team about the MMM Hub service at an on-site helpdesk.
We invite poster submissions which will be on display throughout the conference and presented on Thursday afternoon. If you would like to present a poster of your research at the meeting, please submit your poster title and abstract here.
An exciting annual event for the materials and molecular modelling HPC community. Providing a platform for the world-class science taking place at this specialist HPC centre.